So, I got the Liebster Blog Award from the awesome Asylum Attendant, a seriously cool guy who writes about a variety of things, from androgynous fashion to poetry and old insane asylums. (Do check out his blog!) You probably know the drill of these things; rules, questions, nominations, own questions. There are few facts about myself that I haven’t shared here already at some point, but I accept this award for the chance to point you people towards some interesting blogs I’ve been following.
So… The Rules!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
- What prompted you to start blogging in the first place? I was going through a rough time, and writing about my life helped me cope. When I eventually got admitted to a psychiatric hospital, I made this blog to share my stories and interesting curiosity finds.
- If you went to a psychiatrist, what would he/she say you suffer from? Depending on which one of my previous and current psychiatrists you ask, that would be any or all of the following; schizophrenia, malignant narcissism, psychosis not specified, ASD, and/or DID.
- Who would you hate to see naked? That’s a tough one. I find that most bodies are bearable when naked, more so than when partially covered. (e.g. I think a hairy fat guy in a dirty singlet is worse than a naked hairy fat guy.)
- What household chore have you never done? Do basic DIY’s like hanging up pictures and putting together IKEA furniture count? I think I have done most other household chores at least once.
- What is your favorite movie line or scene? Another tough one! I like many movies and know many quotes, picking favorites is hard… But given the name of this blog, I’ll say it’s the Cheshire Cat’s “we’re all mad here” line. 😉
- If you had to dispose of a dead body, how would you do it? Depends on the situation and the available materials. However, as far as favorite methods go, I find there is a certain charm in Titus Andronicus’ “let’s put them in a meat pie” strategy. Also, serial killer Leonarda Cianciulli who made soap and teacakes of her victims and then gifted those to friends is a great inspiration.
- Do you have a place where you like to go and think? If so, where? There are several places I often find myself to think. My room, my city’s botanical gardens, the toilet on the sixth floor of the literature faculty…
- To what would you like to devote more time? Making cosplay (and being crafty in general), writing fanfic, cooking, and having sex. Basically, my hobbies.
- What is your favorite store to shop at? Think Twice, a thrift store in my city. Every month they had a new collection, and halfway the month they start lowering the prices, until at the end of the month you can pick up any piece of clothing for just 1 euro. I found SO many great clothes there, from a gestapo-style leather coat and a lovely pvc dress to tons of pieces to remodel for cosplay.
- What is the wildest thing you would ever consider doing to your hair? I have done a lot in the wild hair department already, from asymmetric half long-half short, to rainbow colors all over, and even a completely blue hairdo. Right now I want to grow my hair out to waist-length, so no weird experiments there… but I would certainly consider a crazy color again some time in the future. (Or maybe different colors on each side?)
- What is the best quality you possess? I have an all-round great memory. Seriously. I only have to read something once to memorize it. Without this skill, I would probably still be in high school, because I am absolutely shit at studying regularly and starting in time. I like to think it’s a karmic apology for all the other shit that was dumped on me… xD
- She Walks Softly (An interesting curiosity blog!)
- Via Lucis Photography (Beautiful photos, not to mention that these people helped me with my year paper on baroque church interior paintings. *grateful*)
- Scattered, Smothered and Covered (The blog of an amazingly brave woman who writes about her life, family, and struggles with her abusive ex. Real and extremely well-written.)
- Broken Light: A Photography Collective (A collective of photos made by people living with or affected by mental illness. A wonderful and insightful initiative…)
- Dr Marc Griffiths (An informative blog about paraphilias, and strange addictions. Great to read!)
And at last… My Questions!
- What is the weirdest or most disgusting thing you’ve ever eaten?
- Is there a movie that scared or traumatized you as a kid, and if so, which one?
- Do you have or want children?
- What is your greatest pet peeve?
- What is the most impulsive thing you’ve ever done?
- What song describes you and/or how you feel most of the time?
- Favorite piece of clothing you own?
- If invited to a themed party, would you dress up and go all out, ignore the theme, or simply not show up?
- If you had to murder someone and didn’t need to worry about getting caught, how would you do it?
- What is your favorite ice cream flavor?
- What skill would you like to learn/fully master before you die?
(Anyone who likes my questions may answer them in the comments, really. I don’t expect this to happen, but I’m just saying it 😀 )
Yay! Thanks for the awesome shoutout! Ah, a dead body…the gift that keeps on giving! I wonder why bathrooms are so great for personal reflection? I do my best thinking while in the shower.
I would murder someone with cyanide tea. Classy and tried and true. 😉
Also, a good friend gave me that exact answer as well! I agree that a poisoned cup of tea is indeed a classy and poetic way to murder someone…
First of all my congrats!
Answer to your question no 9: I would suspend him closely above a black hole, lowering him slowly, I am curious about his pain level, when the different body parts will come inside the Schwarzschild radius. Then his death will have some scientific value.