What I used: Clothesline Cord, sturdy plastic rope with a thin metal thread inside which I bought for less than a euro in the Belgian equivalent of a dollar store (the “Wibra”), Duct Tape, also at the Wibra for just 1 euro, an empty toilet roll, a cheap old ring-shaped earring (any ring-shaped object will do really), normal transparent tape (basic office supplies), and scissors.
- Measure the length you have in mind for flogger+handle, take twice that length, and cut it off. Fold it in the middle.
- Repeat step one until you have used up all the cord and you have a whole pile of folded cord-ends.
- Put the ring-shaped earring on the cord and fix it in the folding crack.
- Start putting duct tape around the end of your flogger, where the handle is going to be. As you can see I put scrunchies around the cords, so that the flogger stays in one piece nicely while putting the tape in place.
- Cut the toilet roll and fold a piece around the already taped handle. This will make the handle sturdier and easier on the hands.
- Tape over the toilet roll so that it stays in place. Add as many layers of tape as you like. (You can see I removed the scrunchies. They are NOT under the tape.)
- The Clothesline Cord has a metal thread in it, so unless you want to really shred your back you’ll want to cover ends up with tape. I did some ends in transparent tape and others in duct tape, for a bit of a visual effect.
- Now your flogger is ready for action!
Good Things About This Flogger: Number one is of course that it’s about as cheap as you can get. Also, there are many ways of making this kind of flogger more stylish: ribbon or fabric around the handle, other colors of cord, pearls or spikes on the cord ends, a fun tassel on the ring,… the possibilities are virtually limitless. As for the length I chose, it is perfect for “mortification of the flesh” as well as regular floggings. Multifunctional!
Hope you liked! Much Love and Chaos, QP