So, lately I was browsing funny photos on some random site, and I encountered a rather… unusual school entrance. Let me show you…
Yes. No drugs, no smoking, no pets, no firearms, no BODY ARMOR (Why the hell?)… I’m rather surprised they don’t mention anti-tank mines and uranium. I mean, if someone would seriously consider wearing body armor to school I am sure those aren’t to be excluded… (And they don’t mention knives… hmm… Someone needs to be educated in the art of murder much?)
Anyway. Seeing this picture, I was completely taken aback by the over-abundance of signs, and I considered the possibility it could be a scam. So, what does an intrepid girl like myself do then? Consult Google Maps. Destrehan High School, 1 Wildcat Lane, Destrehan, LA actually exists, and see for yourself:
Now I have a question for you, a few actually.
- Did I miss some major update in fashion making body armor a fashion statement like piercings or crop tops (both of which aren’t allowed in very strict Belgian schools) ?
- Are American parents going crazy with concern that much that schools have to forbid them from sending their kids to school in a harness?
- Are American schools paranoid enough to realize someone could very well hide explosives in body armor and play suicide bomber?
- Are American schools concerned that when you come to school with a gun, aiming at anything that moves, body armor will make it harder to take you down?
- Do they actually believe that IF you come to school with a gun, etcetera etcetera, you’re going to care about whether or not you’re allowed to wear a harness (seeing that guns aren’t allowed in the first place?)
Really, enlighten me because I’m completely puzzled.